Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Elk Hunting in Alaska
DE323 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DE323
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 50 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 50 permits|
3, Etolin, and associated Islands
Oct 16 - Oct 31
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- If successful, report in person or by phone to Petersburg, Ketchikan or Wrangell within 5 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Lower front teeth 5-inch section.
Unsuccessful hunters, including hunters who did not hunt, report by mail within 15 days of season end
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 3, bounded by a line beginning at the intersection of Stikine Strait and Clarence Strait, running southwest following the midline of Clarence Strait, down to its intersection with Ernest Sound, then northeast following the midline of Ernest Sound, excluding Niblack Islands, to its intersection with Zimovia Strait, then northwest following the western shoreline of Zimovia Strait to its intersection with Chichagof Passage, then west along the midline of Chichagof Passage to its intersection with Stikine Strait, then west and south along the midline of Stikine Strait back to the point of beginning. Zarembo Island is closed to elk hunting.
- The use of motorized equipment and vehicles is restricted in the South Etolin Island Wilderness. Hunters should use Leave-No-Trace techniques when establishing and breaking camp. Contact the USDA-FS Wrangell Ranger District at (907) 874-2323 for details.
- Successful hunters must send a 5" section of the lower front jaw (including teeth) to the Petersburg Fish and Game office. We also request that successful hunters send a photo
- of their elk antlers along with the lower front teeth.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.