Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB699 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RB699
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 22A: Two bears, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs. 22 Remainder: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail, or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov) by June 30.
- Specimens Required: If removed from subsistence hunt area, skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; skin of head/front claws kept by ADF&G.
Report by phone, mail, or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov) by June 30.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Unit 22A south of and including Golsovia River drainage: Aug 1 - May 31
Unit 22A Remainder: Aug 1 - Jun 15
Unit 22B,22D,22E: Aug 1 - May 31
Unit 22C: Aug 1 - Oct 31; May 1 - May 31
2) WHERE: Unit 22
3) BAG LIMIT:
22A: Two brown bears, however cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
22 Remainder: One brown bear, however cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: Sealing of hide/skull only required if removed from any State brown bear subsistence hunt area. Before removal from the area, hide/skull must first be sealed by ADF&G or department representative. When sealed, the skin of the head and front claws will be removed and retained by ADF&G.
5) REQUIREMENTS: AIRCRAFT MAY NOT be used in any manner for hunting. All meat must be salvaged for human consumption; hide and skull need not be salvaged. You must carry this permit with you while hunting or transporting a brown bear within the registration permit area.
For Unit 22A: you may only harvest two brown bears per regulatory year; if you have harvested two brown bears anywhere in Alaska during the current
regulatory year, this permit is not valid for Unit 22A.
For Unit 22 Remainder: you may only harvest one brown bear per regulatory year; if you have harvested a brown bear anywhere in Alaska during the current
regulatory year this permit is not valid in Unit 22 Remainder.
6) REPORTING: All hunters (successful, unsuccessful or did not hunt) are required to report their hunting effort and harvest to ADF&G by telephone (907)443-2271 or (800)560-2271 (leave message at Ext 8189), postage-paid Hunt Report Card (or use the drop box outside the Nome ADF&G office), or on-line(hunt.alaska.gov).
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting brown bear within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state of federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.