Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB063 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RB063
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 1 brown bear
- hunters must report within 10 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Douglas.
- Specimens Required: evidence of sex
you must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Douglas, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov on January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) brown bear in the drainages of Berners Bay covered by Registration Hunt #RB063 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates: September 15 - December 31, 2014.
2. Successful hunters must report their kill to the ADF&G office in Douglas within ten (10) days of kill (in person, by phone, or mail). Completed hunt reports are due at the time of sealing.
3. All unsuccessful hunters and permittees that did not hunt must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Douglas, or report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by January 15, 2015. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
4. Evidence of sex (penis sheath or vaginal opening) must be left on hide until sealed.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.