Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB090 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RB090
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 1 Brown Bear
- hunters must report within 10 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Yakutat or Douglas.
- Specimens Required: Tim, I need to get all bear call sheets from Mr. James Houck, he lives on Douglas Island and I think most of the calls came in 2013 but you should check 2012 and 2014 as well. In addition, I know we put at least one critter getter at his house in 2013 and would like a copy of the sheet indicating we put a critter getter at his house (it was for his renter, may have to look at the address once you find the call sheets and compare that to the critter getter sheets). I would like these ASAP next week so I can send them to the district attorney. Thanks. Skull and hide with evidence of sex attached
you must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Douglas, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , by June 16, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) brown bear in Unit 5 covered by Registration Hunts # RB090/091 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates: September 1, 2014 - May 31, 2015.
2. Successful hunters must report their kill to the ADF&G office in Yakutat or Douglas within ten (10) days of kill (in person, by phone, or mail). Completed hunt reports are due at the time of sealing.
3. All unsuccessful hunters and permittees that did not hunt must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Douglas, or report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by June 16, 2015. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
4. Evidence of sex (penis sheath or vaginal opening) must be left on hide until sealed.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.