Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB077 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RB077
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 1 Brown Bear
- hunters must report within 10 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Sitka or Douglas.
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide with evidence of sex attached
you must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Sitka, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , by January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) brown bear in Unit 4 covered by Registration Hunt #RB077 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
(The NE Chichagof Controlled Use Area is closed to the use of any motorized land vehicle for brown bear hunting.)
1. Season dates: Sept. 15 - Dec. 31, 2014.
2. By signing, the hunter acknowledges watching the brown bear identification video, “Take a Closer Look,” available online at http://vimeo.com/30511231. The video is also available at ADF&G offices, or it may be purchased online at http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/alaska-store/products.php?take-a-closer-look-dvd-by-alaska-fish-and-game.
3. Successful hunters must report their kill to the ADF&G office in Sitka or Douglas within ten (10) days of kill (in person, by phone, or mail). Completed permit reports are due at the time of sealing.
4. All unsuccessful hunters and permitees that did not hunt must return the completed hunt report to the Sitka or Douglas ADF&G office or report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by January 15, 2015. If you fail to comply, you will be cited and you will not be eligible to receive any permits next regulatory year.
5. Evidence of sex (penis sheath or vaginal opening) must be left on unfrozen hide until sealed.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.