Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
DB470 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DB470
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: Any bear except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 15 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 15 permits|
Unit 14C, Chugach State Park Management Area
Sept 2 - May 31
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Report by phone on day of kill (907)267-2257, sealing required within 30 days of kill
- Specimens Required: Present skull (unfrozen and removed from skin) and hide (with claws and evidence of sex attached) for sealing.
Report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Those portions of Chugach State Park in the Peters Creek, Little Peters Creek, Thunderbird Creek, upper Ship Creek (upstream from Jber and excluding Tokle Creek drainage), Indian Creek, Bird Creek (excluding Bird Creek Regional Park), and upper Eagle River (above Icicle Creek) drainages. Chugach State Park prohibits discharge of firearms and bows within ½ mile of the Seward Highway and trailheads. Basic Hunter Education is required.
- Remember, this hunt requires a brown/grizzly bear locking tag.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.