Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
DB468 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DB468
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: Any bear except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 20 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 20 permits|
Sept 2 - May 31
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report by phone on day of kill (907)267-2257, sealed within 30 days of kill
- Specimens Required: Present skull (unfrozen and removed from skin) and hide (with claws and evidence of sex attached) for sealing.
Report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 14C, those portions of Chugach State Park within the Eklutna Lake Management Area.
- Remember, this hunt requires a brown/grizzly bear locking tag, Basic Hunter Education and IBEP certification.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.