Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
DB235 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DB235
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: Any bear except cubs or females accompanied by cubs. If a bear is wounded no other bear can be pursued in GMU 8 for the remainder of the regulatory year.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||4 – 5 permits|
|2nd Degree Kindred Nonresidents||Up to 1 permit|
08, Three Saints & Barling Bays
Apr 1 - May 15
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Hunt available to 2nd Degree Kindred Nonresidents IF applying as a party with an Alaska Resident
- If successful, report IN PERSON to ADF&G in Kodiak within 2 days after leaving the hunt area.
- Specimens Required: Present skull (unfrozen and removed from skin) and hide (with claws and evidence of sex attached) for sealing prior to leaving Unit 8 and within 30 days of harvest.
If unsuccessful, report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , in person, or by phone to ADF&G in Kodiak within 2 days after leaving the hunt area.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- ALL HUNTERS; * Obtain their permits by appearing in person at the ADF&G office in Kodiak prior to going into the field. Permits for the spring hunt will be issued beginning on March 16. * Will be restricted to one consecutive 15-day hunting period to be selected when picking up their permit. * Must present a valid Alaska hunting license, a brown/grizzly bear locking tag, and Big Game Tag Record form for brown/grizzly bear. * All check-in, check-out to be done at Kodiak ADF&G (weekdays except holidays) 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. * The bag limit is one bear, maternal females and cubs are protected. * If a bear is wounded no other bear can be pursued in GMU 8 for the remainder of the regulatory year. * If you receive a brown/grizzly bear drawing permit for the fall season you are ineligible to receive another permit for the spring season.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.