Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Bison Hunting in Alaska
DI403 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DI403
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Either Sex
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 80 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 80 permits|
Assigned start date and hunting period between Oct. 1 - Mar. 31
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Report in person to Delta Junction within 2 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Contact Delta Area Office for further information
Report online, in person, or by mail within 15 days of season end.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- HUNTERS WILL BE ASSIGNED SPECIFIC HUNTING START DATES FOR THE OCTOBER - MARCH HUNTING SEASON DETERMINED BY THE ORDER HUNTERS WERE DRAWN FOR THE PERMITS.
- Hunters must obtain permission from landowners to hunt on private land.
- Rifles must fire a minimum 200 grain bullet having 2000 ft/lbs. or more energy retained at 100 yards.
- Successful applicants must complete an online orientation or attend an in-person class at the Delta Area office prior to hunting.
- It is unlawful to shoot a bison that is wearing a Numbered Hi-Vis Orange colored Radio Collar.
- Please refrain from shooting a bison wearing a black Radio collar.
- Equipment for ground-to-ground communication is permitted for locating bison in Unit 20D.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.